The Mental Health System doesn’t have much ‘system’ to it.
There is now a website that pulls all of the information together and can give someone living with a mental illness or people assisting someone living with a mental illness a place to go to get the information that will best assist them at their present time and place.
Head to Health is a website that can:
- Help you find mental health resources.
- Help you find digital resources like, apps and programs, websites, forums and phone, chat and email.
- If you are not sure what you are looking for there is a ‘chatbot’ who will ask you some questions and then point you in the right direction.
- Give you phone and websites where you can get immediate support.
- Assist you to get help for someone else
- Assist you to see the bigger picture. There are pages such as meaningful life, mental health difficulties, supporting yourself, supporting someone else.
Having had hundreds of discussions with people who had tried to make sense of the mental health ‘system’ I feel that this initiative will be a support for people trying to negotiate their way through the myriad of services that make up the mental health ‘system’.
Have a look by clicking here.
To find out about Mental Health First Aid which is the help given to a person who is developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health problem of having a mental health crisis. Please click here.
Remember, Mental Health is everyone’s business.